Modernizing Legacy Applications
Digital Transformation comprises the transformation of business and organizational activities, processes, competencies and models to fully leverage the opportunities offered by emerging digital technologies.
An integral part of this process is modernizing existing applications. CUBA Platform’s architecture and Generic UI present a perfect target for the migration and further development of such systems.
According to Gartner, legacy enterprise applications can be divided into two classes:
Our engineers have unique experience of migrating large scale high-loaded enterprise solutions running 24/7 with zero disruption, using the “parallel running” approach:
- the new application is built side-by-side with the legacy system
- features are replaced one by one to minimize disruption
- data is synchronized, so users can work with both systems during the migration period
- there is always an ability to rollback
- after all features are migrated, the old system is discontinued
CUBA tools include:
- a migrator, scaffolding a fully functional CRUD web application on top of a legacy database
- automatic screens migration for MS Access